The (now 12u) Gladiators started as a travel team 4 years ago. We are affiliated with the Orange County Cal Ripken league which enables us to keep costs low and offer great resources. We are completely nonprofit and rely heavily on the generosity of our sponsors and parents to ensure our player are learning the game and having fun.
The Gladiators are a Development-First Travel Program. While winning is important, we focus more on teaching the fundamentals of baseball, leadership (on and off the field) and arm care. We practice more than we play. We intentionally don’t throw every practice. And we exercise the entire body (and mind) because we know there is life beyond baseball.
What to expect in a typical season:
- We play 2 seasons per year – Spring and Fall. We don’t play during the summer season, but do practice. Generally we take November and December off.
- Fees for a single season are generally somewhere between $400 – 450. Sponsorships and fundraising greatly influence our fees (the more we get, the more money you get refunded). New players will pay a little more for Uniforms/helmets.
- Each registered player gets:
- In-depth, concentrated instruction from 3 or more coaches
- Indoor workouts when required due to weather (practices are almost never rained out)
- Fitted, custom, hats, uniforms, Helmets (Bats, Jackets, Spirit wear, etc also available)
- 10-12 games in NYEB (or equivalent) league play + playoffs
- Additional scrimmages
- One or more tournaments
- At least one team-building event (last year was the ropes-course and paintball, next year might be Cooperstown sleepover)
- We’ll limit our roster to 11 players (plus 1 or 2 part time alternates)
- Spring Season generally runs from April to June (1-2 practices/week and double-headers on Sundays)
- Fall Season generally runs from September thru October (1-2 practices/week and double-headers on Sundays)
- Scholarships available – ask if interested
More information can be found on our Facebook Page or by PMing me or emailing me.
I hope to hear from you soon. Don’t miss your opportunity to join a great team.
P.S. Other OCCR Travel Teams also exist 8u, 9u, 11u, 12u. If you or someone you know is interested, please reach out.